Innovations in Cardiovascular Care 2018
Save The Date!
Agenda and CME Information
Innovations in Cardiovascular Care 2018 will highlight the latest developments and advanced treatment and diagnostic methods in the management of patients with cardiovascular disease. The two-day conference will feature a wide range of topics focusing on vascular and cardiovascular services, including health policy, limb salvage, mitral valve therapy, aortic repair, and more. Evidence-based criteria for the appropriate identification and selection of eligible patients will be presented by renowned experts in the field. We encourage interactions between attendees and the faculty, allowing for an enhanced learning experience. Our multidisciplinary approach provides a unique perspective on the latest Innovations in Cardiovascular Care.
Cardiologists, cardiac and vascular surgeons, internists, neurologists, anesthesiologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, allied health professionals, and perfusionists.
CME Credits will be issued by North Shore Medical Center. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. North Shore Medical Center is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continual medical education for physicians.
North Shore Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of participation in the activity.
Planning Committee Disclosure
The planners of this activity have nothing to disclose.
- Provide overview of recent advances in catheter-based valve therapy
- Review valve therapy outcomes
- Introduce recent technical advances in valve therapy
- List the four categories of MIPS
- Define what an episode of care means
- List the two important elements in your QRUR
- Understand the epidemiology of lower extremity ulcerations
- Understand the pathophysiology leading to ulcer formation
- Understand the treatment for DFU based on evidence-based medicine
- Understand the role of hyperbaric oxygen in the treatment of DFU
- Understand the current state of endovascular aortic repair
- Identify areas for improvement to reduce risk of stroke, paraplegia, and death
- Discuss device development to address aortic dissections